Selling a company can be time consuming, complex and emotionally draining. The right intermediary firm can make all the difference. Our experienced M&A professionals work confidentially and closely with you to develop an advantageous exit plan. And before your property is placed for sale, we will have already suggested ways and have worked with you to implement programs that can increase the value of your assets to help ensure you receive maximum value in the sale.
Our five step approach for selling a company includes:
- We provide analysis, valuation and recommend financial and strategic options to structure the process to fit your particular situation.
- Preparing a presentation plan to attract the right purchasers, enabling the market to determine the maximum value and ensuring the highest and best price.
- Locating and screening qualified buyers using our proprietary database and network of active strategic and financial buyers.
- Negotiating letters of intent with multiple buyers and structuring the transaction, while considering your goals, the tax and legal implications. We work hand in hand with you and your attorney, CPA and advisors to most effectively achieve your objectives.
- Managing the closing, including coordinating with all principals, accountants, attorneys, FCC and advisors on both sides, enabling you to focus on your daily operations.
Additional Support Services
Grimes, McGovern & Associates (formerly W.B. Grimes) has worked with business owners in establishing a fair market value for thousands of media, digital and conference and trade show properties. The scope of our services is comprehensive. Our approach incorporates the mix of finance, business and market valuation, and accounting expertise that only a brokerage firm with 59+ years’ experience can bring. Our hundreds of valuation clients have included company owners and investors, private equity firms, lenders and legal advisors.
Top Notch Consulting Services
We offer a wide variety of comprehensive ancillary services to our clients including digital platform development, sales, management and operations consulting, loan portfolio analysis and management, business plan development, feasibility studies and market research.
We work with publishers, conference producers, digital services providers, broadcasters, lenders, and investors to evaluate loan portfolios and spring to action to work out troubled balance sheets. Our Associates are uniquely qualified to serve as court appointed receivers, trustees, and have in-depth experience with bankruptcies, turnarounds, and expert testimony.
To learn more about our Sell-Side Advisory or Consulting Services and to confidentially review your business, please contact John McGovern, CEO & Owner, at (212) 255-9700 or via email at JMcGovern@mediamergers.com.
We offer an initial free valuation for owners of media properties. Just click on the property type, complete the CONFIDENTIAL FORM to get started. We'll call you back within 24 hours to review.
Businesses for Sale
View our list of businesses that are currently for sale.
Free Newspaper Industry Report
Stay abreast of the latest trends in the newspaper industry. Read interesting case studies. Track deals throughout the country. Pick up hints from experts and much more.