Selling a company can be time consuming, complex, and emotionally draining. Selling your business will likely be one of the biggest and most important decisions you make in your lifetime. The right intermediary mergers and acquisitions firm can make all the difference. Our experienced M&A professionals work confidentially, discreetly, and closely with you to develop an advantageous exit plan. Even before your property is placed for sale, Grimes, McGovern & Associates will suggest ways and work with you to implement programs that can increase the value of your assets to help ensure you receive maximum value in the sale. We can also help address some of the questions that may be keeping you up at night, such as how much you are worth, what the exit process looks like, and what selling a business might mean for your employees.
Our five-step approach for selling a company:
- Providing full analysis and assessment, then recommending financial and strategic options to structure the process to fit your specific situation.
- Preparing a presentation plan to attract the right purchasers, enabling the market to determine the maximum value and ensuring the highest and best price.
- Locating and screening qualified buyers using our proprietary, global database and network of active strategic and financial buyers.
- Negotiating letters of intent with multiple buyers and structuring the transaction, while considering your goals, as well as the tax and legal implications. We work hand in hand with you and your attorney, CPA and advisors to most effectively achieve your objectives.
- Managing the closing, including coordinating with all principals, accountants, attorneys, FCC and advisors on both sides, enabling you to focus on your daily operations.
Additional Support Services
Grimes, McGovern & Associates (formerly W.B. Grimes) has worked with business owners in establishing a fair market value for thousands of media, newspaper, global events, technology, digital media, and information services companies. The scope of our services is comprehensive. Our approach incorporates the mix of finance, business and market valuation, and accounting expertise that only a brokerage firm with 59+ years of experience can bring. Our hundreds of appraisal clients include company owners and investors, private equity firms, lenders, and legal advisors from around the globe.
Top Notch Advisory Services
We offer a wide variety of comprehensive ancillary services to our clients including online event platform development, digital platform development, sales, management and operations consulting, loan portfolio analysis and management, business plan development, feasibility studies, and market research.
To learn more about our Sell-Side or Advisory Services and to confidentially review your business, please contact John McGovern, CEO & Owner, at (212) 255-9700 or via email at JMcGovern@mediamergers.com.
Free Business Assessment
Find out what your business is worth
We offer an initial free assessment for owners of media properties. Just click on the property type and complete the confidential form to get started. We’ll contact you within 24 hours to review.
Businesses for Sale
View our lists of newspapers, global events, technology, digital media, and information services business currently for sale.
Free Newspaper or Subscription, Events, Technology & Digital Media News
Stay abreast of the latest trends in the M&A industry. Read interesting case studies. Track deals throughout the country. Pick up hints from experts and much more.